WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that get stored in your computer or device each time you visit a website. Every time you visit a website using a different computer or browser, the website will treat you as a new user and set a new cookie. Despite common belief, cookies don’t contain any personally identifiable information nor contain any software that could harm your computer. Internet cookies may be set for the duration of the user’s session on a website (session cookies) or be stored permanently on your computer’s hard disk (persistent cookies).
- ASP.NET_SessionId – These cookies are used to maintain your user session. If you disallow this cookie it may cause the application to fail.
- _vis_opt_xxxxxxxi – These cookies are set by Visual Website Optimizer, which allows us to improve website usability.
- WRUID – These cookies enable the function of Clicktale. Clicktale helps us understand how people interact with our website, allowing us to make improvements to site content and navigation.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz – These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. This software helps us analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity. That information helps us to improve the website.
There are a number of third party partners that advertise on our website on our behalf and use both session and persistent cookies. The information collected by these cookies set by third parties will never identify you personally and you’re welcome to delete them through the settings made available on your chosen browser. Please see the list below to get to know the names and purposes of the cookies set by third parties on our website.
- Adform (various) – This advertising technology is used on many websites to gather statistics about visitors and collect information used to decide which ads to display, such as showing similar products to those a visitor has looked at before. Adform uses a cookie mechanism for this purpose, but only on an anonymous basis. This means that Adform stores no personal information such as email addresses, names or addresses in the cookie or in the cookie-based profile.
For more information about cookies, go to http://www.aboutcookies.org.